Any agreement between you or the business of which you are part (your “Organization”) and us will supersede this Privacy Notice where the terms overlap.
FM collects information in the following ways:
- FM collects information you directly provide to FM when visiting the FM website or registering for or using the FM Services.
- We collect data that relates to your use of the FM Services.
- We collect data from other third parties where you or your Organization as permitted us to access information from those third parties.
In some situations, you may decide not to provide information to FM when asked for it in the context of using FM Services. Should you decide not to provide information where we need such information to operate the FM Services or fulfill our contractual and other obligations, we may suspend or refuse your access to the FM Services. This might happen in the following situations:
- Where we ask you to provide personal information to create an account; or
- Where we ask you to provide personal information to be able to identify you as an Authorized User of the FM Services; or
- Where a third party service or data provider accessed through FM requires personal information to identify you as a permitted user of their service or data.
FM uses information collected in order to maintain security in its provision of the FM Services to users and their respective Organizations. We may collect, retain, process and transfer information within and to the U.S. and other countries and territories from which FM or its authorized third parties may operate, and these countries or territories may have different privacy laws that are different from those in your country of residence.
On July 16, 2020, the Court of Justice of the European Union (CJEU) ruled that the EU - U.S. Privacy Shield and Swiss - U.S. Privacy Shield Framework is no longer a valid data transfer mechanism for transferring personal data from the European Economic Area (EEA) to the United States. Per guidance from the United States Department of Commerce, FM intends to comply with the EU-U.S. and Swiss-U.S. Privacy Shield Framework until such time as another applicable framework is put in place.
FM takes the security of your personal information seriously and we take appropriate technological and organizational measures to help protect your personal information from loss, theft, misuse and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration and destruction. We comply with applicable data protection, privacy, and security breach notification laws.
The FM Services are not directed to persons under the age of 18 and we do not intend to or knowingly collect any data or information from anyone under 18. If you become aware that a person under the age of 18 has provided us with personal information, please contact us at email@example.com. If we become aware that a child under 18 has provided us with personal information, we will take steps to delete such information as soon as possible.